Saturday, February 16, 2008

Meh! It Was Probably Elderly OCD.



I wanted to print some pictures today and a couple of them were for personal reasons so I went to Michaels Craft Store to get some 4x6 frames to house said pictures. They usually have some frames 50% off and today was no different. They also have a fine selection of realistic animal figure toys on the way in. I have been looking for a T-Rex to go with the Utahraptor my Mom found by her car in a parking lot. (When she presented the Utahraptor to me, knowing my love of the Dinosaur Comics our good friend Mo introduced me to,--www.qwantz.com--,I decided to make a whole set of the characters for my coffee table and personal playtime use! It could also be fun to act out the comics!) I found a great T-Rex for my use--perfect size and the expression on his face and arm placement was almost perfect! The Dromiceiomims is going to be a little trickier to find. Can you say "trip to the Museum of Science and Natural History?" (Can you say "Dromiceiomims?" Because I can't.) Oh no. Please. Not that. I don't want to go look at the DINOSAURS!!!

Obviously I did not find a Dromiceiomims at Michaels.

This is not odd. What is odd, after I carefully picked out one of my frames, I felt that silvery feeling in my bladder that says, "Wendy you need to tinkle" and placed my frame on an end aisle display shelf with the T-Rex on top of the frame on his side. Please note the placement of the frame and the T-Rex one more time. I placed my frame on an end aisle display shelf with the T-Rex on top of the frame on his side. When I returned from the restroom, the T-Rex was standing upright, next to the frame! What in tarnation is upright with that? I would normally suspect my Mom but she went into the restroom and utilized the facilities as well. Odder still, no one tried to put the frame back or stand it up, as though it were an employee returning merchandise to the shelf. No, someone just stood the T-Rex upright next to the frame.

I tell myself, I've done things like this. Made little mysteries in people's lives. It is pretty funny and I suppose I don't really want to know who it is because that would spoil the story. I wouldn't have such a musing to dote on. I spent a good five minutes scratching my head and inspecting the crime scene. The only people around were an old couple walking by (Surely old people don't have a sense of humor! They would have OCD! You lose your sense of humor at like 72, right? You hand it over in an envelope and they give you an envelope full of Grumpies. Right? Meh, you say to everything! Meh, that dinosaur should be standing upright, Lloyd! Meh...Lloyd says back. He just wants to eat his prunes, 3 at a time on the same white plate he's eaten them on for the last thirty years.)

It was totally them.

Or was it?

That's exactly what they would want me to think.

It was totally them.

Meh!

No comments: