Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tequila Tea in a Dark Room

I sit in garters in this dark hotel room with crows crawling around

In my best I love Grandpa mug I drink Tequila in my tea

My legs clad in stockings no one sees

Kicking at the floor a thousand people tread on every week

My heels just want to waltz again



The room is dark but the crows are moving in unison

Feathered heads, a blanket pecking at my bed I cannot sleep in

I sip my tea so bitterly but I like how my head feels heavier

My head is heavier because of Tequila tea not pills or tears

The cold of the table supports my half naked, lonely, sexy form



I left and drove twenty miles away to sip this Mexican tea

I whisper "No puedo, lo siento" into World's Best Grandpa's Mug

My 8mm memory can feel the lips I cannot have and those bleary queries

All the candied ginger I keep in baggies because I have become a sick fool

The ones who want it, they just want "it" and I can only sink into my head



The crows crawl and in this dark room it is cooler because the heater broke

Tequila Tea makes me want to lay on the crows as they carry me on black

I don't have the energy to let anyone but the crows touch me or talk to me

They know I am here, in my heels, my garters and curled hair for them

Drunk off my disappointment in the world, my stagnance and the heater.

No comments: