Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Kitchen Faucet Fell Off



Yup.

That's what happened.

No use in building the drama because I don't know how or why it happened but it did. Adding to the awesomeness of the situation is the fact that I forgot that, while making Chai (you have to mix equal parts milk and water for the amount of cups you are making and boil the mixure) I let the milk mixture boil over twice, once in each of the two front burners. At the time, I was thinking, "HOT! HOT!" as well as "No touchey the burner while HOT!" So while I was sensibly letting the burner cool down, I completely forgot about the pools of what would become rancid milk under my two most used burners.

There is officially a "situation" in my kitchen. I have had to call the landlords who are busy building an indie art film house downtown so they are very hard to reach. Nonetheless, my kitchen faucet has completely removed itself from the sink and I'm sorry but bathroom water tastes entirely different than kitchen water. It tastes like well, bathroom water. I think it is cordoned off water for tooth brushing and meant to be spit out or sipped by felines. It's like the Old Navy of the water world. It's water seconds. They couldn't get people to put it through the kitchen sink so it goes through the bathroom sink and fills up your toilet. You can't get it as cold, unless you live in my building and flush the toilet while in the shower. Although sometimes it makes it scalding hot. In this case, keep a plastic case of tea bags in your shower and enjoy a cup of tea when some jerk, i.e. I don't know, um, well okay fine, I don't have this problem because the only person who ever crashes at my apartment wouldn't think of doing such a horrible thing.

Now it's time to live in the Ye Olde Days and go Shoppe-ing. I have to, for now, heat my dishwater with *shudder* bathroom water in the tea kettle which is scalding hot so you have to wait a bit until you can put your hands in the water without gaining third degree burns. By this time your soap has completely fizzled out. It's a Ye Olde Nightmare.

Thank goodness I just bought some paper plates. I expect paper cups and plastic cutlery are up next when I go out today. I can make my tea with *shudder* bathroom water but luckily I think the tea pot boils out all of Ye Olde Subpar Water Crap and it can be drinkable.

Now, if only my tub would drain faster than 2cm per hour.

No comments: