Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sketched Out Etch-a-Sketch: Meet Estephanie!



Originally I had a picture above to illustrate what I was describing below. Since I'm just learning how to put pictures in blogs and ripped off the original picture illustrating the ensuing actions from a fellow blogger, Corn is Delicious (do check out his blog), I'm still working out glitches and it just left some red dot of a blog zit and not the uber cool picture. You can catch the cool picture under his blog entitled "For Shame." Just click "Corn is Delicious" under my friends...somewhere. Or in the zillion comments he's left for me to gather joy from. Who knows what I did wrong with the original picture. Maybe this picture of a Muppet type thing in a cornfield will suffice. Let's try that.


I'm super excited. Apparently some dude with a full tank of gas and a heart full of unicorns let the cops chase him through this particular corn field until he either ran out of gas or was satisfied with the cool ass pattern he made.

Now, I'm not a proponent of coke. Unless it's icy cold in a bottle. However, I have to admire this guy's style. Look at that pattern. Can you imagine how fun it was freewheeling through that field like you were in the world's biggest Etch-a Sketch? Man, I want to feel that! Sans the coke. Well, I would have a cooler full of Coke in glass bottles, tipping them back and shrieking, "This is how you live!" I might possibly be telling the plants to fuck off. Normally I don't do that because I love plants but when you're driving like a bat out of hell in crazy patterns in a field and are all hopped up on a) coke or b) Coke, you're out of your mind on how beautiful life is. At that moment, you're doing something most people would never dare get out of their LA-Z-Boy to do. No, they wouldn't push themselves back from the table and say, "That's enough meatloaf for me, ma! I'm 29 and it's time I go buckwild in a field with my car, knock back some ice cold Coca-Cola and then go make some sweet sweet love. Because who won't want to make sweet, sweet love to me once I do the thing that makes me the one person in a fifty mile radius that chooses to LIVE, man, LIVE?!"

It's this kind of stuff I love. Not the cocaine. But the fact that this guy chose to whiz around a cornfield instead of just sit on his couch and say weird shit to his cats. Sure, he was on coke, but he went out and did something that made him feel like life was awesome, with the wind in his hair and the world in the palm of his hand. I'm sure he'll have to pay some hefty reparations but that's what comes with life being beautiful sometimes. You have to accept that. I'm sure whoever owns that field isn't going to see his philosophy or admire it, especially since it was coke induced. You never know though.

This world is a crazy ass place and I love it.

Oh wait!

Here is the picture of what actually happened!! Woweee!

No comments: